Have you ever wondered why so many people go to the chiropractor? Do they only go because they have an injury to their neck, back, or shoulders? Besides alleviating pain, chiropractic care is also an important step in wellness that can improve your overall quality of life. There are many reasons why people love receiving chiropractic care, and not all of those reasons are obvious ones.
- Chiropractors receive years of schooling in the same way that Doctors of Medicine do. However, chiropractors also learn how to treat injuries naturally and without the addition of surgery. They have an all-natural, holistic approach to healing, in which they teach the body to heal itself. Since chiropractors address the spine first and foremost, they can not only heal immediate ailments but also those that can result from the musculoskeletal system as a whole.
- Since chiropractic is a part of being all natural, there is also a lack of prescriptions that are written out. Since drugs are not a part of chiropractic care, chiropractors are not licensed to write prescriptions for medication. Drugs can actually have a variety of side effects on the body, one of which is dependency. Since they do not prescribe medication, chiropractic lowers the dependence on medication and medical interventions. Instead of medication, chiropractors utilize different types of therapy, including cryotherapy, hydro therapy, and electric stimulation (E-stim). These types of therapy help alleviate pain, decrease inflammation, and promote healing.
- Alleviating pain is one of the main reasons for chiropractic and why so many people love it. Chiropractors help alleviate chronic pain to discomfort caused by an injury naturally and effectively.
- If you have ever been to a chiropractor for pain then you know just how great you feel afterwards. Chiropractic care has been shown to improve moods. This could simply be because you are finally getting rid of the pain that you have been experiencing for so long.
- Being in pain makes it a lot harder to have a decent night’s sleep. Receiving chiropractic care can help achieve two things that are vital to having a healthy sleep cycle.
– Improves blood flow in the nervous system
– Corrects any misalignments in the spine
- Both of these are important when it comes to helping you get the sleep you need. Misalignments compress the spinal nerves which cause a lack of communication between the spine and the brain. This can then lead to a stress response which causes the body to become unbalanced and makes it hard to sleep. When the misalignments are corrected, the communication improves. An improvement in blood flow is beneficial to the heart and the arteries and muscles, which allows blood rich in oxygen to flow to the extremities. When these are combined, the body is able to rest easier and fall asleep faster.
Reduces Stress and Anxiety
- Chiropractic care reduces both stress in the body and tension in the muscles. Since the nervous system runs along the spinal cord, then any interruptions along the way could result in negative effects on mood. Chiropractors can help improve the balance of the nervous system which helps get rid of any roadblocks that are stopping its flow.
- Everyone experiences headaches; however, chronic headaches or migraines can be unbearable. Chiropractors can perform such care as spinal manipulation which helps in relieving the pain caused by migraines and headaches by improving spinal function and reducing stress on the body.
If you have been thinking about making an appointment with a chiropractor due to any of the reasons listed or any other reason, call North County Pain Relief today. We pride ourselves in the services we provide to our patients and understand that performing normal daily tasks is not easy when you are experiencing pain. Let us help you create a plan that will make you appreciate activities you once enjoyed.